Biblical principles on finances
- God is the source of your wealth. God’s laws always bring Freedom.
- Giving to God is obedience to his word
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.
- It’s an act of worship.
- Approach God with open palms.
Work is a good thing and honourable
Lazy hands make for poverty,
but diligent hands bring wealth.
Work is an opportunity to serve God. Working is being responsible to God.
Wealth does not endure but righteousness does.
for riches do not endure forever,
and a crown is not secure for all generations.
Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
Your faith has to change how you live.
- Wealth is a means to ministry not an end in itself. It is a gift of God to reach out and touch others. James 5.1
- Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming on you.
- When we give we lay up treasure with God
God has abundantly supplied his riches to church so that you can reach out to others.
And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
For this reason, I kneel before the Father, from whom every family[a]in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,
May God help us to straighten our attitude towards money.